Roxy Music star Bryan Ferry to headline Newmarket Nights 2020 concert
- Credit: Picture: KEVIN RICHARDS
Roxy Music legend Bryan Ferry will headline Newmarket Racecourses next summer after an evening of racing.
The veteran Slave To Love singer is the latest artist to join the Newmarket Nights 2020 summer line-up, headlining on Friday, June 26, 2020.
Achieving immediate and sensational success in the early 1970s with his group Roxy Music, Bryan Ferry has taken his place as one of the most iconic and innovative singers and lyricists in popular music.
Bryan Ferry is the latest The Jockey Club Live concert announced for Newmarket Racecourses next year.
Sophie Able, general manager of Newmarket Racecourses, said: "Bryan Ferry is a fantastic addition to the Newmarket Nights line-up and we're excited to see his live show here on Friday, June 26.
You may also want to watch:
"With many a hit in his own right, we're also looking forward to hearing an array of Roxy Music classics!"
Following the success of debut single Virginia Plain, Roxy Music enjoyed huge success in the 1970s and early 1980s.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
Roxy Music's eight studio albums - their self-titled 1972 debut Roxy Music, For Your Pleasure, Stranded, Country Life, Siren, Manifesto, Flesh and Blood, and Avalon - are acclaimed as modern classics, with Ferry's solo work shaping the course of contemporary rock and pop music.
Behind classic songs such as Slave To Love, More Than This, Over You, Angel Eyes, Dance Away, Do The Strand, Avalon, and Love Is The Drug, Ferry has continually affirmed his position as a musical and style icon.
With the rare distinction of being regarded as both classic and contemporary, he is acknowledged as the writer and singer of some of the most-loved pop songs, and a driving force in the avant-garde.
As a member of Roxy Music and solo, Ferry has sold over 30 million records worldwide.
In addition, he has won countless awards and was inducted into the 'Rock and Roll Hall of Fame' as part of Roxy Music in 2019.
Tickets will go on sale at 8am on Friday, December 13 via thejockeyclublive.co.uk, with a presale available to customers at 8am on Thursday, December 12.
Tickets are priced starting at £32.48 (inclusive of transaction fees).