Victims named after double fatal crash on A1198
- Credit: Archant
Two people who sadly died after a multi-vehicle collision on the A1198 yesterday have been named.
The crash took place at around 11.35am on the A1198 between Whaddon and Bassingbourn-cum-Kneesworth, when a beige Nissan Note, a black Kia Sportage and a white Volkswagen Beetle collided.
Emergency services attended, but the driver of the Nissan, 72-year-old Terence Oram, of Nightingale Way, Royston, sadly died at the scene.
The driver of the Kia, 64-year-old Peter King, of Lichfield Road, Cambridge, also died at the scene.
The driver of the Volkswagen was uninjured and remained at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash or anyone who saw the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident. They would also like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time with dash cam footage.
Anyone with information should report online via the webchat at https://bit.ly/2D9KFKH quoting incident 136 of 1 December.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day