Victims named after double fatal crash on A1198
- Credit: Archant
Two people who sadly died after a multi-vehicle collision on the A1198 yesterday have been named.
The crash took place at around 11.35am on the A1198 between Whaddon and Bassingbourn-cum-Kneesworth, when a beige Nissan Note, a black Kia Sportage and a white Volkswagen Beetle collided.
Emergency services attended, but the driver of the Nissan, 72-year-old Terence Oram, of Nightingale Way, Royston, sadly died at the scene.
The driver of the Kia, 64-year-old Peter King, of Lichfield Road, Cambridge, also died at the scene.
The driver of the Volkswagen was uninjured and remained at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash or anyone who saw the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident. They would also like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time with dash cam footage.
Anyone with information should report online via the webchat at https://bit.ly/2D9KFKH quoting incident 136 of 1 December.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims