What's on in-and-around Royston May 10 - 16
Thursday May 10 ADC Theatre, Cambridge: CU Amateur Dramatic Club present William Shakespeare s The Merchant of Venice. 7.45pm, £5-£8. Until Saturday, May 12. 01223 300085. The Junction, Cambridge: Wishbone Ash, 7pm. £16. 01223 511511. Friday M
Thursday May 10
ADC Theatre, Cambridge: CU Amateur Dramatic Club present William Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice. 7.45pm, £5-£8. Until Saturday, May 12. 01223 300085.
The Junction, Cambridge: Wishbone Ash, 7pm. £16. 01223 511511.
Friday May 11
You may also want to watch:
Mumford Theatre, Cambridge: The Luckiest Man in the World. Powerful, dark and humorous production directed by Peter Wild. 7.30pm, £8. 0845 196 2320
Plinston Hall, Letchworth: Blondie and Squeeze Double Bill Tribute. One of Europe's leading tribute acts, Once More Into The Bleach, return with more hits. 7.30pm, £10-£12. 01462 672003.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Saturday May 12
Cambridge Arts Theatre: English Touring Opera present Eugene Onegin. 7.30pm, £10-£35. 01223 503333
Mumford Theatre, Cambridge: Elmer the Elephant. New play based on David McKee's popular children's books. Suitable for four-seven-year-olds. 2.30pm, £5.
Green Man Pub, Market Hill, Royston: 3 AM. Debut appearance for classy rhythm and blues band. 9pm-1am. 01763 248006.
Sunday May 13
Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage: Mr Acker Bilk. Be inspired by the unique talents of one of the world's most renowned jazz musicians. 7.45pm, £18.50. 08700 131030
The Cambridge Guildhall: Food and Craft Fair. Food and collectibles from Africa, Eastern Europe and the Middle East. 10am-5pm.
Monday May 14
Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage: The Cavern Beatles. The accomplished Liverpool group perform songs that have inspired generations. 7.45pm, £16.50.
Cambridge Corn Exchange: Richard O'Brien's The Rocky Horror Show. Fun, frolics and frivolity and multi-award winning actor David Bedella. Until Saturday May 19, Monday-Thursday 7.30pm, Friday and Saturday 5pm and 8pm. £18-£29.50. 01223 357851.
Tuesday May 15
Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage: A Night of Musical Comedy: Jim Tavare and Rob Deering. A combination of charming stand up, witty jokes, and a double bass! 7.45pm, £8-£10.
The Junction, Cambridge: Earful. Tim Barlow takes a funny, poignant and painful look at his life as an actor. 8pm, £8. 01223 511 511.
Wednesday May 16
Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage: An Evening With Blowers. Join Henry 'Blowers' Blofeld for an evening of anecdotes from 50 years of English cricket. 7.45pm, £15.