Twelve - Patti Smith
THIS appears to be an album which has been produced for the sake of keeping Patti Smith in the public eye. It is a selection of cover versions – albeit done in her individual style – which, at times, are quite radical re-workings of the originals. If noth
THIS appears to be an album which has been produced for the sake of keeping Patti Smith in the public eye.
It is a selection of cover versions - albeit done in her individual style - which, at times, are quite radical re-workings of the originals.
If nothing else it does see the re-creation of the Patti Smith Group with Lenny Kaye, Dee Daugherty and Tony Shanahan.
The tracks include Bob Dylan's Changing of the Guard, the Doors' Soul Kitchen, and Neil Young's Helpless.
You may also want to watch:
In some respect, this is a kind of a return to her roots for Patti Smith, as in her early live performances she used both original and cover version material.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme