Twelve - Patti Smith
THIS appears to be an album which has been produced for the sake of keeping Patti Smith in the public eye. It is a selection of cover versions – albeit done in her individual style – which, at times, are quite radical re-workings of the originals. If noth
THIS appears to be an album which has been produced for the sake of keeping Patti Smith in the public eye.
It is a selection of cover versions - albeit done in her individual style - which, at times, are quite radical re-workings of the originals.
If nothing else it does see the re-creation of the Patti Smith Group with Lenny Kaye, Dee Daugherty and Tony Shanahan.
The tracks include Bob Dylan's Changing of the Guard, the Doors' Soul Kitchen, and Neil Young's Helpless.
You may also want to watch:
In some respect, this is a kind of a return to her roots for Patti Smith, as in her early live performances she used both original and cover version material.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire