They’re ready to rumba!
CUBA S first lady of dance returns to Cambridge this week hot on the heels of a sell-out world tour. Lady Salsa is a vibrant mix of Cuban dance, dazzling colour, and seductive glamour. The dance and music spectacular combines the true story of the revolut
CUBA'S first lady of dance returns to Cambridge this week hot on the heels of a sell-out world tour.
Lady Salsa is a vibrant mix of Cuban dance, dazzling colour, and seductive glamour.
The dance and music spectacular combines the true story of the revolution with the history of the island's music and dance.
Its roots are traced through early slave rhythms and elegant 20th century jazz, ending with some stunning salsa routines, for which Cuba is most famous today.
You may also want to watch:
Twenty of Cuba's hottest dancers accompany a funky ten-piece dance band to deliver a show which charts Cuba's explosive history.
The cast is led by one of Cuba's most famous actresses, dancers and singers Trinidad Ronaldo, who has performed across the globe for more than 50 years.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Kylie Minogue and Richard Branson are among Lady Salsa's big fans.
Kylie says: "You will love Lady Salsa - it's got everything you need for a wild night out."
Dancers in a collection of glittering costumes perform the red hot rumba, mambo, cha-cha and the salsa, transporting the audience to the steamy streets of Havana, a world of rum and revolution.
Lady Salsa is at the Cambridge Arts Theatre from today (Thursday) until Saturday.