The Groucho Letters
THE word according to Marx - that s Groucho Marx. His correspondence with the great and the good has been re-published and is still one of the outstanding collections of letters that will be seen. Groucho Marx didn t seem to mind who he had in his sights
THE word according to Marx - that's Groucho Marx.
His correspondence with the great and the good has been re-published and is still one of the outstanding collections of letters that will be seen.
Groucho Marx didn't seem to mind who he had in his sights when he unleashed his prose.
There are letters in the collection to such people as James Thurber, Edward R Murrow, Irving Berlin and President Harry Truman.
You may also want to watch:
When Groucho wanted to say something, he simply went to work on his typewriter.
And the result is a collection of observations on the way of the world in which his view was different - but it often made sense.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote