That Bahamian T’ing
A TASTE of the Caribbean will hit the shores of Royston on Saturday night. That Bahamian T ing is being performed on behalf of Royston Methodist Church in aid of their youth worker fund. Based on a true story of love across cultural divides, the story tak
A TASTE of the Caribbean will hit the shores of Royston on Saturday night.
That Bahamian T'ing is being performed on behalf of Royston Methodist Church in aid of their youth worker fund.
Based on a true story of love across cultural divides, the story takes the audience down the trafficless roads and on to the paradise beaches of a tiny isolated island in the Bahamas.
It follows a young preacher from England, who in the summer of 1975 heads out to the island and learns there is more than meets the ear to those old Caribbean tales.
You may also want to watch:
Rev Michael Belfield, who was minister at Royston Methodist Church in the 70s and 80s, inspired the play.
During a sabbatical Mr Belfield wrote about his time as a probationer Methodist minister in the Bahamas.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
It is his son Robin, a professional director, who has adapted the tales for the stage.
That Bahamian T'ing will be performed on September 22 at 7.30pm at Greneway School, Garden Walk in Royston.
Tickets cost £10 for adults and £5 for under 16s.
They are available from Joan Munden on 01763 241217 or Jennie Harris on 01763 230021.