Terry’s got that Phil-good factor
PHIL Collins 30-year career will be brought to life by Britain s top impersonator, from the music of Genesis, right up to his solo career. Terry Clarke and The Easy Lover Band will perform 22 songs at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, on Monday, Octo
PHIL Collins' 30-year career will be brought to life by Britain's top impersonator, from the music of Genesis, right up to his solo career.
Terry Clarke and The Easy Lover Band will perform 22 songs at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, on Monday, October 9.
They will include Easy Lover, You Can't Hurry Love and In the Air Tonight, showcasing the entire range of Phil's music.
Terry, 56, who is a Phil Collins look-alike and sound-alike, formed the band four years ago with guitarist Brian Bennett, who has played with Jimi Hendrix, and drummer Jonathon Webster, who has worked with Foreigner.
Terry first realised his uncanny resemblance to Phil Collins when he was on holiday abroad six years ago.
He took part in a karaoke contest and was approached by people who thought he was the real Phil Collins.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
- 9 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 10 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
"The attention was a bit of a pain at first, and could have been a hindrance but it is now an advantage," he said.
Since then, Terry has recorded six albums in Europe and America, and has worked with the likes of Trevor Horn (Frankie Goes To Hollywood).
He said: "As a frontline singer I don't tend to move around many bands."
Born in Maidstone, Kent, Terry began his music career as a drummer, after taking piano and drum lessons as a child.
Terry has always been a fan of Phil Collins, who had 32 top 20 singles in Britain, and the USA and 15 albums.
He said: I just hope I do his music justice.
"I've always loved Genesis because it's from my generation."
Terry said his favourite song to perform is In the Air Tonight because it enables him to play the drums.
"There's nothing better than performing in front of a live audience," he said.
In the future Terry says he hopes to write another album in the same style of music, based on how he is feeling at the time.
Both Sides of Phil Collins will start at 7.45pm.
Tickets are available from the box office by calling 08700 131 030 and cost £14.50 each.