Tall order for amateur dramatists
Royston’s Corvus Amateur Drama Society (CADS) was faced with a tall order recently – building a set big enough for a giant!
But that’s exactly what they did, and its all for the Royston town pantomime which this year will be Jack and the Beanstalk.
Director Bernie Parsons said: “This is the first pantomime I’ve been involved with and I’m amazed how much work goes into just building and painting.
“Alison and I are really impressed with the hard work everyone contributes to the set building weekend, as well as with the care and attention that our technical team puts into every detail.
“It seems no challenge is too great for them.”
The show is written by Damian Trasler, David Lovesy and Steve Clark – the same creative team that brought you this year’s 1001 Arabian Nights.
CADS secretary Michael Young said: “It will feature all the traditional elements of panto, including a good fairy, a bad fairy, a handsome hero, a beautiful princess, a Dame and a pantomime cow plus, of course, the Giant.”
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 3 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 5 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 6 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 7 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 8 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
Jack and the Beanstalk will be performed on Friday 21, Saturday 22, Friday 28 and Saturday 29 January 2011, with all shows starting at 7.30pm and a 2pm matinee on Saturday. All take place at Greneway School.
Tickets start at �6 and can be purchased by calling the CADS box office on 07925 674967.