Swan off to the ballet
THE world famous Russian Classical Ballet Theatre will be starring at the Cambridge Corn Exchange later this month in a production of one of the most popular ballets – Swan Lake. For two nights only this spectacular show of fascinating dance and music, wi
THE world famous Russian Classical Ballet Theatre will be starring at the Cambridge Corn Exchange later this month in a production of one of the most popular ballets - Swan Lake.
For two nights only this spectacular show of fascinating dance and music, will be showcasing the sublime talents of some of the world's top dancers, including Nadezhda and Egor Schepachiov, Maria Poliudova, and Vladimir Statnii.
At the helm of the production is acclaimed producer Ellen Kent, whose recent adaptation of Madama Butterfly won the Best Opera Award.
Considered as one of British theatre's great characters, Ellen has also radically reinstated Swan Lake's original ending - making it a must for theatre lovers all over the country.
You may also want to watch:
Renowned choreographer Radu Poclitaru is also on board, and his creativity and experience has helped Ellen create the dramatic finale she was looking for.
Swan Lake also features an impressive corps de ballet of more than 50 dancers, who offer the best of Russian ballet and an incredible 40 piece orchestra, in what promises to be one of the highlights of the year.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
Along with a top cast, Ellen has also invited 18 students from the Bodyworks Dance Studio in Cambridge to join in as ballet extras - which will give them a unique opportunity and fulfil lifelong ambitions.
This is an enchanting, family-orientated show, that is set against the backdrop of German fairytale castles, dense forests, moonlit lakes, and the hauntingly beautiful music of Tchaikovsky.
Swan Lake is an undisputed classic and a favourite for all ages.
And we have teamed up with the Corn Exchange to offer readers the chance to win a gift packed family package.
By answering the question below one lucky winner will get the chance to win:
- A family ticket (four people)
- A beautiful crystal ballet sculpture
- A bottle of Russian Methode Champagne
- A pair of miniature souvenir pointed shoes signed by the prima ballerina
- A ballet rag doll
- A huggable ballet bear
- A glossy souvenir programme
To stand a chance of winning this family treat, answer the following question:
What is the name of Swan Lake's producer?
Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Swan Lake Competition, Royston Crow, Heath House, Princes Mews, Royston, SG8 9RT. The closing date is November 10. Please include your name, address, and a daytime telephone number.
The winner will be chosen at random from the correct entries received by the closing date.
- The show will take place on Wednesday, November 29, and Thursday November 30, at 7.30pm.
To buy tickets call the Cambridge Corn Exchange on 01223 357851.