String-along with Richard
RICHARD Thompson, one of Britain s top guitarists, plays Cambridge Corn Exchange this month. Thompson came to fame as a founder member of folk rock giants Fairport Convention in the 60s, and contributed some stunning guitar work to their early albums. He
RICHARD Thompson, one of Britain's top guitarists, plays Cambridge Corn Exchange this month.
Thompson came to fame as a founder member of folk rock giants Fairport Convention in the 60s, and contributed some stunning guitar work to their early albums.
He left the band after the release of Full House in 1970, and embarked on a distinguished solo career, also making albums with his then wife Linda.
He has also played with other Fairport Convention members past and present, at the band's annual Cropredy festival in Oxfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
Now Thompson, named by Rolling Stone magazine as one of the top 20 greatest guitarists, is back on the road again, with a new album, Sweet Warrior.
He is equally at home with traditional tunes, haunting acoustic pieces, and searing electric rock.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
He is also highly regarded as one of the country's top songwriters.
Supporting Thompson at the Corn Exchange will be songwriter Diana Jones from Tennessee.
The concert starts at 7.30pm and tickets cost £20.
Contact the box office on 0223 357851.