Star of ITV’s The Chase to play comedy gig in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
A stand-up comedian who stars on a TV quiz show will be taking to the stage tomorrow (Friday).
Paul Sinha, who appears in The Chase on ITV as ‘The Sinnerman’, plays Cambridge Junction in Clifton Way from 8pm.
The qualified GP who in the past 15 years has practiced in a London doctor’s surgery and worked at a Norfolk A&E, will be demonstrating another string to his bow on the final leg of his UK comedy tour.
Sinha, who has also appeared on Mastermind, The Weakest Link and University Challenge – The Professionals, has performed gigs all over the world – from Aberdeen to Auckland and from Sheffield to Singapore in eight solo shows.
His latest offering, entitled Paul Sinha is a Stand-Up Comedian, promises to showcase his comedic talents which earned him a nomination for the Edinburgh Festival Comedy Award in 2006 and saw him win this year’s Best Club Comic title at the industry’s Chortle Awards.
On the night audiences can expect a mixture of comic monologues and sharp wit, from a man described by fellow stand-up Sarah Millican as an “excellent comedian”.
Despite being best known for his role as one of the ‘Chasers’ on the afternoon ITV quiz show, his other radio and television credits include BBC Radio 4’s Paul Sinha’s Citizenship Test, The News Quiz and Just a Minute, Comedy Central’s Alternative Comedy Experience and BBC Radio 5 Live’s Fighting Talk.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 10 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
Tickets for the show cost £14, or £12 for students.
To book, call the box office on 01223 511511 or visit www.junction.co.uk