Star of ITV’s The Chase to play comedy gig in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
A stand-up comedian who stars on a TV quiz show will be taking to the stage tomorrow (Friday).
Paul Sinha, who appears in The Chase on ITV as ‘The Sinnerman’, plays Cambridge Junction in Clifton Way from 8pm.
The qualified GP who in the past 15 years has practiced in a London doctor’s surgery and worked at a Norfolk A&E, will be demonstrating another string to his bow on the final leg of his UK comedy tour.
Sinha, who has also appeared on Mastermind, The Weakest Link and University Challenge – The Professionals, has performed gigs all over the world – from Aberdeen to Auckland and from Sheffield to Singapore in eight solo shows.
His latest offering, entitled Paul Sinha is a Stand-Up Comedian, promises to showcase his comedic talents which earned him a nomination for the Edinburgh Festival Comedy Award in 2006 and saw him win this year’s Best Club Comic title at the industry’s Chortle Awards.
You may also want to watch:
On the night audiences can expect a mixture of comic monologues and sharp wit, from a man described by fellow stand-up Sarah Millican as an “excellent comedian”.
Despite being best known for his role as one of the ‘Chasers’ on the afternoon ITV quiz show, his other radio and television credits include BBC Radio 4’s Paul Sinha’s Citizenship Test, The News Quiz and Just a Minute, Comedy Central’s Alternative Comedy Experience and BBC Radio 5 Live’s Fighting Talk.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
Tickets for the show cost £14, or £12 for students.
To book, call the box office on 01223 511511 or visit www.junction.co.uk