Star line-up for festival
IT S festival time again, with some of the top acts in the folk world descending on Cambridge this summer. The BBC Radio 2 Cambridge Folk Festival will be held in the grounds of Cherry Hinton Hall from July 26-29. Heading another strong line-up as the fes
IT'S festival time again, with some of the top acts in the folk world descending on Cambridge this summer.
The BBC Radio 2 Cambridge Folk Festival will be held in the grounds of Cherry Hinton Hall from July 26-29.
Heading another strong line-up as the festival moves into its 43rd year is legendary singer and activist Joan Baez.
Also playing will be Nanci Griffith, and The Waterboys, headed by Mike Scott, who played the Corn Exchange last week, and have a new album out, Book Of Lightning.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a solo appearance by US singer-songwriter Steve Earle, and an album premiere from festival favourite Kate Rusby.
Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist Bruce Cockburn will be making an exclusive UK festival appearance.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
There will also be a typical high-energy performance by Oysterband, another band with a new album out, Meet You There.
Irish accordion star Sharon Shannon will be playing with a top-notch band.
Other artists appearing include Toots & The Maytals, Four Men & A Dog, Shooglenifty, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, and The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain.
Festival tickets go on sale to Cambridge residents on May 5 at 9am, and nationally on May 6 at 10am.
Further details on ticket availability and prices is at: www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk.