Star line-up for festival
IT S festival time again, with some of the top acts in the folk world descending on Cambridge this summer. The BBC Radio 2 Cambridge Folk Festival will be held in the grounds of Cherry Hinton Hall from July 26-29. Heading another strong line-up as the fes
IT'S festival time again, with some of the top acts in the folk world descending on Cambridge this summer.
The BBC Radio 2 Cambridge Folk Festival will be held in the grounds of Cherry Hinton Hall from July 26-29.
Heading another strong line-up as the festival moves into its 43rd year is legendary singer and activist Joan Baez.
Also playing will be Nanci Griffith, and The Waterboys, headed by Mike Scott, who played the Corn Exchange last week, and have a new album out, Book Of Lightning.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a solo appearance by US singer-songwriter Steve Earle, and an album premiere from festival favourite Kate Rusby.
Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist Bruce Cockburn will be making an exclusive UK festival appearance.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 10 Former mayor bows out with honorary black belt at Judo club launch
There will also be a typical high-energy performance by Oysterband, another band with a new album out, Meet You There.
Irish accordion star Sharon Shannon will be playing with a top-notch band.
Other artists appearing include Toots & The Maytals, Four Men & A Dog, Shooglenifty, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, and The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain.
Festival tickets go on sale to Cambridge residents on May 5 at 9am, and nationally on May 6 at 10am.
Further details on ticket availability and prices is at: www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk.