Solid Silver Sixties
It s back to one of the most influential musical decades of all time when the Solid Silver Sixties Show stops off at Cambridge Corn Exchange later this month. The show features some of the top hitmakers from the 60s– all in one concert. The Searchers are
It's back to one of the most influential musical decades of all time when the Solid Silver Sixties Show stops off at Cambridge Corn Exchange later this month.
The show features some of the top hitmakers from the 60s- all in one concert.
The Searchers are still going strong since hitting the top in 1963 with Sweets For My Sweet.
Other classic hits they will play include Sugar & Spice, Needles & Pins, and Don't Throw Your Love Away.
The Merseybeats are also on the bill, along with Wayne Fontana.
And special guest for the concert is John Walker of The Walker Brothers, whose hits included The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore, Make It Easy On Yourself, My Ship Is Coming In, and No Regrets.
- 1 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 2 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
The show, on March 20, starts at 7.30pm, and tickets cost £21, £19, and £17. Box office: 01223 357851.