Society has stance for arts festival
AN AMATEUR dramatic club based in Crow Country are gearing up for their contribution to this year’s arts festival.
Royston’s Corvus Amateur Dramatic Society (CADS) will be performing Outside Edge on Friday 24 and Saturday 25 of September at Greneway School, Garden Walk.
The show, which was a television comedy series written by Richard Harris, centres around team captain Roger Dervish’s preparations for an important cricket match, with injuries, rivalries and jealously adding to the suspense.
The first half is set in a cricket pavilion as the team prepare for the match, while the second half follows the game ball by ball.
Michael Young, who is directing the play, said: “Richard Harris is quite precise in the script about who scores what and when, and which wickets fall at what stage in the game, even though the audience never actually sees the match.
You may also want to watch:
“Because there is a certain amount of tension in act two about whether or not the home team will manage to beat their opposition, it seemed logical to have the match played in virtual space, as it were, and have the cast on stage reacting accordingly.”
Mr Young is not put off by the challenges the group face to put on the play however. , “It might just be the toughest challenge we’ve set our technical team yet but knowing them I’m sure they won’t be stumped,” he said.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Chocks away! Phillips and Nunn bag Spitfire Salver at Heydon Grange Golf Club
Outside Edge will be performed at 7.30pm on the Friday and the Saturday, with a Saturday matinee at 3pm. Tickets start at �5 and are available from the CADS box office on 01763 223805.
More information can be found on the CADS website at www.cadsroyston.org.uk.