So here it is . . .
THERE S lots of festive fun in Royston this weekend, and with less than two weeks to go, Christmas is being celebrated with a musical extravaganza to suit all tastes. From Glam Rock to a traditional concerts, carols and jazz, there really is something for
THERE'S lots of festive fun in Royston this weekend, and with less than two weeks to go, Christmas is being celebrated with a musical extravaganza to suit all tastes.
From Glam Rock to a traditional concerts, carols and jazz, there really is something for everyone.
Kick-starting the festivities are glam rock band Lipstick Torpedo.
Comprising the three Alan's - Meteor-Storm, Stardust, and Galaxy - the band will take to the stage on Saturday night (December 16) at The Green Man pub.
You may also want to watch:
The charismatic three-piece will be wishing the audience a Merry Christmas Slade style, with a rendition of glam rock classics and more traditional favourites.
But whatever they play, they are sure to get the party swinging.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
Royston Town Band hold their annual carol concert at Royston Town Hall on Saturday, with a family-orientated display from some of the towns most talented musicians.
There will also be a raffle and a guest appearance from Father Christmas.
In a more traditional performance, a Christmas Celebration Concert will be taking place at Royston Parish Church on Saturday evening.
Royston Methodist Church, in Queens Road, is also hosting a Christmas celebration, with a children's carol service on Sunday evening.
Royston's weekend festivities also include a musical spectacle at The Heath. Jazz on the Heath will take place on Sunday afternoon, and will showcase the very best of local jazz and live bands with Christine and Stackyard Stampers.
So whatever your preference there really is something for everyone, in what promises to be a weekend full of Christmas fun.
- Lipstick Torpedo, The Green Man, Market Hill, Saturday, December 16, 9.30pm.
- Royston Town Band Annual Carol Concert, Royston Town Hall, Melbourn Street, Saturday, December 16, 7pm-9pm.
- Christmas Celebration Concert, Royston Parish Church, Saturday, December 16, 7.30pm.
- Jazz on the Heath, The Heath, Sunday, December 17, noon-3pm.
n Children's Carol Service, Royston Methodist Church, Queens Road, Sunday, December 17, 5.15pm.