So here it is . . .
THERE S lots of festive fun in Royston this weekend, and with less than two weeks to go, Christmas is being celebrated with a musical extravaganza to suit all tastes. From Glam Rock to a traditional concerts, carols and jazz, there really is something for
THERE'S lots of festive fun in Royston this weekend, and with less than two weeks to go, Christmas is being celebrated with a musical extravaganza to suit all tastes.
From Glam Rock to a traditional concerts, carols and jazz, there really is something for everyone.
Kick-starting the festivities are glam rock band Lipstick Torpedo.
Comprising the three Alan's - Meteor-Storm, Stardust, and Galaxy - the band will take to the stage on Saturday night (December 16) at The Green Man pub.
You may also want to watch:
The charismatic three-piece will be wishing the audience a Merry Christmas Slade style, with a rendition of glam rock classics and more traditional favourites.
But whatever they play, they are sure to get the party swinging.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 9 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 10 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
Royston Town Band hold their annual carol concert at Royston Town Hall on Saturday, with a family-orientated display from some of the towns most talented musicians.
There will also be a raffle and a guest appearance from Father Christmas.
In a more traditional performance, a Christmas Celebration Concert will be taking place at Royston Parish Church on Saturday evening.
Royston Methodist Church, in Queens Road, is also hosting a Christmas celebration, with a children's carol service on Sunday evening.
Royston's weekend festivities also include a musical spectacle at The Heath. Jazz on the Heath will take place on Sunday afternoon, and will showcase the very best of local jazz and live bands with Christine and Stackyard Stampers.
So whatever your preference there really is something for everyone, in what promises to be a weekend full of Christmas fun.
- Lipstick Torpedo, The Green Man, Market Hill, Saturday, December 16, 9.30pm.
- Royston Town Band Annual Carol Concert, Royston Town Hall, Melbourn Street, Saturday, December 16, 7pm-9pm.
- Christmas Celebration Concert, Royston Parish Church, Saturday, December 16, 7.30pm.
- Jazz on the Heath, The Heath, Sunday, December 17, noon-3pm.
n Children's Carol Service, Royston Methodist Church, Queens Road, Sunday, December 17, 5.15pm.