So fir, so good! Organisers all set for bauble bonanza in Meldreth this weekend
- Credit: Archant
It’s free tree time in Meldreth this weekend – because on Saturday and Sunday Holy Trinity Church will be holding its annual Christmas tree festival.
The church will be filled with more than 30 Christmas trees, provided and decorated by local organisations, and the seasonal spectacular can be viewed from 11am to 5pm each day. Both admission and parking is free.
Many trees will have specific themes and all will be beautifully lit and decorated, while the church will be decorated with candles and festive greenery. There will also be a large nativity scene beautifully crafted by a local artist.
Refreshments will be available throughout the weekend, including homemade soup, filled rolls, homemade cakes, tea and coffee.
Festival favourites Noah the donkey and his friend the Shetland pony will be waiting to greet visitors outside the church door.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday evening at 5.30pm. the event will close with a candlelit Advent service.
And just around the corner, Meldreth Primary School plays host to a Christmas market on Saturday from 1pm to 3.30pm.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 5 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
Organisers promise the chance to buy unique and locally-made Christmas gifts including bespoke jewellery, word art frames, wooden animals and stained glass.
Festive refreshments will be on offer as well as the popular secrets room for children to purchase presents pre-wrapped presents for their loved ones.
Admission is £1 entry for adults, but children get in free.