Sir Tom Jones to perform at Newmarket Racecourses
- Credit: Archant
The distinct tones of Sir Tom Jones can be heard at a racecourse next week.
The popular Welsh vocalist will perform on Friday, August 1, at Newmarket Racecourses as part of the Adnams Newmarket Nights, now in their 28th season.
Sir Tom – whose hits include Not Unusual, She’s a Lady, Delilah and Kiss – will return to the Suffolk venue having played in front of almost 22,000 fans at each of his last two concerts in 2011 and 2012.
The gig will follow seven races at The July Course, running from 5.05pm to 8.30pm.
The Adnams Newmarket Nights programme, which has already seen UB40 perform, continues with British rapper Dizzee Rascal a week later on Friday, August 8.
The Brit Award winner – real name Dylan Mills – released his fifth studio album The Fifth in September last year which has since become his fourth consecutive record to peak in the top 10 in the UK.
Crowds are expected to go ‘Bonkers’ as he rolls out his reportoire of hits, which also include Dance wiv Me and Holiday.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Finishing off the season on August 15 will be 90s pop band Wet Wet Wet, best known for their number one single Love Is All Around.
Newmarket is also hosting popstar Peter Andre on August 23 for the conclusion of its Summer Saturday Live programme.
Amy Starkey, regional director east of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “As befits The July Course every summer, we have a fantastic line-up of musical entertainment for the summer of 2014. Tickets have been purchased in advance in big numbers and we are looking forward to great days and evenings when flat racing comes together with music from Jockey Club Live.”
For ticket prices and to book visit www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk or call 0844 579 3010.