Self-taught Cheryl displays her artistic skills
AN exhibition of ornamental creations has opened at the Royston & District Museum. It shows the work of self-taught artist Cheryl Moore, from her skills at cake decoration to the intricate work of designs on wedding dresses. During a preview of the exhibi
AN exhibition of ornamental creations has opened at the Royston & District Museum.
It shows the work of self-taught artist Cheryl Moore, from her skills at cake decoration to the intricate work of designs on wedding dresses.
During a preview of the exhibition on Saturday, she explained that work on a wedding dress usually took about a month.
A number of her wedding dress decoration designs are on display along with her work on accessories.
The exhibition shows, too, her work on evening wear.
The wedding dresses that carry her designs are purchased beforehand - and then she applies her artistic touch.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 10 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
She is equally at home with working on textiles, such as decorating lampshades and cushions.
Cheryl has recently turned her attention to the art of making jewellery, such as tiaras and hair ornaments using feathers and beads and, as she said, "anything that comes to hand".
Her other work has included illustrating brochures, and has painted portraits, landscapes and gardens.
- The exhibition will run at the museum to February 10.
The museum is open Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 10am-4.45pm. It be closed from December 23 to January 3.