Schools gear up for fayres and festive fun – and a spot of Cabaret
- Credit: Archant
Christmas is coming, and local schools are gearing up for festive events to help raise funds, and have some fun.
Litlington Pre-school will be staging its Christmas Fayre on Saturday, November 29, from 2pm to 4pm in the village hall.
Organisers promise a Santa’s Grotto, raffle, refreshments, tombola and various gift stalls.
Admission is 50p which includes entry into a hamper prize draw, and U16s get in free.
Meldreth Primary School will be holding its Christmas Market, on the same day, from 1pm to 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
There’s a wide selection of stalls lined up with jewellery, cards, word art frames, glass blocks, wooden animals, pottery, confectionary and stained glass all on offer. The popular secrets room for children to buy pre-wrapped presents for their loved ones and a bumper prize raffle are also among the attractions.
It’s £1 to get in, children free.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
Talented performers at Freman College in Buntingford are getting ready to turn back the clock to decadent 1930s Berlin with their production of Cabaret.
A chorus of 40 students accompanied by a talented band is involved in the show, which will be performed at 7.30pm on Thursday and Friday, November 27 and 28. Tickets are £8 for adults and £4.50 for students from 01763 271818.