Schools gear up for fayres and festive fun – and a spot of Cabaret
- Credit: Archant
Christmas is coming, and local schools are gearing up for festive events to help raise funds, and have some fun.
Litlington Pre-school will be staging its Christmas Fayre on Saturday, November 29, from 2pm to 4pm in the village hall.
Organisers promise a Santa’s Grotto, raffle, refreshments, tombola and various gift stalls.
Admission is 50p which includes entry into a hamper prize draw, and U16s get in free.
Meldreth Primary School will be holding its Christmas Market, on the same day, from 1pm to 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
There’s a wide selection of stalls lined up with jewellery, cards, word art frames, glass blocks, wooden animals, pottery, confectionary and stained glass all on offer. The popular secrets room for children to buy pre-wrapped presents for their loved ones and a bumper prize raffle are also among the attractions.
It’s £1 to get in, children free.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
Talented performers at Freman College in Buntingford are getting ready to turn back the clock to decadent 1930s Berlin with their production of Cabaret.
A chorus of 40 students accompanied by a talented band is involved in the show, which will be performed at 7.30pm on Thursday and Friday, November 27 and 28. Tickets are £8 for adults and £4.50 for students from 01763 271818.