Royston swing band Opus 17 set for Summer Celebration with Ella Fitzgerald and Dusty Springfield concert
- Credit: Archant
Get ready for a toe-tapping evening of top music, courtesy of Royston’s very own swing band.
Tomrrow evening Opus 17 Swing Band will be celebrating the music of Ella Fitzgerald and Dusty Springfield at Greneway School.
Resident vocalist, Kimberley Devonshire, will be singing a selection of Ella’s hits in addition to the band playing classics from the 1930s, 40s, 50s and some surprises of famous TV theme tunes along with classics from Dusty’s reign in the 1960s & 70s.
Tickets are £15 each. A buffet meal will be included and there will be a cash bar.
Doors open 6pm with bar from 6.30pm. The Summer Celebration with Ella & Friends concert starts at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
For details call Graham Smith on 01223 263171.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside