Sign up now for chance to win free tickets to Royston tourist attractions
- Credit: Archant
Free tickets to tourist attractions and activities in Royston are up for grabs from today in the 2018 Herts Big Weekend ballot.
Registration for the third Herts Big Weekend is now open, with 51 attractions across the county offering amazing tickets.
Some of Hertfordshire’s most popular destinations will be opening their doors or offering special gifts to lucky ticket holders on Saturday, March 24 and Sunday, March 25, as part of Visit Herts’ annual celebration of the county’s tourism industry.
Royston & District Museum & Art Gallery and Royston Cave, which is adorned with medieval style carvings depicting saints and religious scenes, are both taking part in the Big Weekend this year.
Organised by Visit Herts, the event is part of English Tourism Week, which highlights the importance of tourism as one of the fastest growing sectors in the national economy.
You may also want to watch:
Visit Herts chief executive Sandra Matthews-Marsh MBE said: “The Big Weekend marks the beginning of the tourist season and is a fantastic way to celebrate all that is on offer in Hertfordshire.
“We are very pleased to be part of the national English Tourism Week celebrations, and to use the occasion to give our local residents the chance to explore their home county and discover something new – for free!”
To be in with a chance of winning free tickets to one of the participating attractions – the full list is printed below – residents must register at www.hertsbigweekend.co.uk by Sunday, March 11.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
Two tickets per household will then be allocated to winners by random ballot, with some family tickets also available.
Last year, there were more than 19,000 applications for tickets to the big event.
• To register, visit www.hertsbigweekend.co.uk
• For more information about Hertfordshire tourism, visit www.visitherts.co.uk
• The full list of participating attractions for Herts Big Weekend 2018 is:
Aldenham Country Park
Broadway Cinema & Theatre, Letchworth
Broadway Studio & Gallery
City and District of St Albans Tour Guides
Cream Teas & Tours at St Albans Cathedral
De Vere Theobalds Estate
ESSA Water Activities Centre
Fairlands Valley Sailing Centre
Frogmore Paper Mill
Go Ape, Wendover
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Hatfield Park Farm
Henry Moore Studios and Gardens
Historic Hertford - Guided Walk
John Warner Sports Centre
Knebworth House, Gardens & Park
Laura Trott Leisure Centre
Lee Valley Caravan Park, Dobbs Weir
Lee Valley Park Farms
Lee Valley White Water Centre
Lussmanns Fish & Grill Restaurants
Mill Green Mill and Museum
Much Hadham Forge Museum
Natural History Museum at Tring
Needham House Hotel Spa
Paradise Wildlife Park & Zoological Society of Hertfordshire
Pendley Manor Hotel
Redbourn Village Museum
Royston & District Museum & Art Gallery
Rye House Crazy Golf
Rye House Kart Raceway
Rye House Laser Combat
Rye-Assic Adventure Park
St Albans Clock Tower
St Albans Museum + Gallery
St Albans Signal Box and Railway Museum
Stevenage Golf & Conference Centre
Stevenage Swimming Centre
Studios Tour of Radio Verulam 92.6FM
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
Ventura Wildlife Park
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London
Willows Activity Farm