Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- Credit: Royston Picture Palace / Saffron Screen
Royston's community cinema is set to reopen later his month.
Provided the country moves to Step 3 of the government's roadmap out of COVID-19 lockdown on May 17th, Royston Picture Palace will welcome back movie lovers from Friday, May 28.
The Picture Palace is situated in Royston Town Hall, in Melbourn Street.
A statement posted on its website says: "Pending final government approval on the 10th, we are delighted to announce that we plan to reopen our doors again on Friday 28th May.
"We’ve been working hard to develop a brilliant line-up of films and can’t wait to welcome you all back through our doors for the big screen experience."
The full programme of movies to be screened will be announced soon and how to buy tickets.
The Royston Picture Palace statement to customers adds: "Your comfort and safety are our priority, so all of our previous COVID-19 safety measures will remain in place."
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
This means tickets will have to be bought in advance to ensure the seating is properly spaced. No tickets will be available on the door.
There will also be a reduced number of seats available in the auditorium in line with social distancing guidelines.
Check the FAQs at roystonpicturepalace.org.uk to find out more.