Royston panto director so proud of talented cast after Cinders scores a hit
- Credit: Archant
The director of Cinderella, the CADS panto that had its first run of performances at the weekend, has spoken of the pride she felt after the success of the first leg.
Alison Bass, who has been working hard for months getting the panto up to scratch, said: “The atmosphere created by the cheers, boos and screams of the children was fantastic.
“Comments such as ‘That was the best panto we’ve seen’ and ‘That rivals the professional pantos’ could be heard from people as they left.”
The Saturday matinee was almost sold out and was popular with children. The evening performance attracted more of an adult crowd who roared at the slapstick humour.
Alison added: “I’m so proud of everyone involved in putting this show together.
You may also want to watch:
“We can’t wait to do it all again this weekend for the wonderful, supportive people of not just Royston, but further afield.
“We even have people travelling from France this weekend to see it.”
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 3 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 7 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
CADS will perform their last shows of Cinderella on Friday and Saturday at the town’s Meridian School.
You can buy tickets online at positickets.co.uk or book by calling 07925 674967.