Royston panto director so proud of talented cast after Cinders scores a hit
- Credit: Archant
The director of Cinderella, the CADS panto that had its first run of performances at the weekend, has spoken of the pride she felt after the success of the first leg.
Alison Bass, who has been working hard for months getting the panto up to scratch, said: “The atmosphere created by the cheers, boos and screams of the children was fantastic.
“Comments such as ‘That was the best panto we’ve seen’ and ‘That rivals the professional pantos’ could be heard from people as they left.”
The Saturday matinee was almost sold out and was popular with children. The evening performance attracted more of an adult crowd who roared at the slapstick humour.
Alison added: “I’m so proud of everyone involved in putting this show together.
“We can’t wait to do it all again this weekend for the wonderful, supportive people of not just Royston, but further afield.
“We even have people travelling from France this weekend to see it.”
- 1 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
- 5 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 6 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
- 9 Community Rail Partnership encourages the use of public transport in Community Rail Week
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
CADS will perform their last shows of Cinderella on Friday and Saturday at the town’s Meridian School.
You can buy tickets online at positickets.co.uk or book by calling 07925 674967.