Want to support Help for Heroes? Attend this Royston concert
A musician shocked by the level of homelessness among war veterans is holding a concert in Royston next week for Help for Heroes.
Paddy Findlay - who along with playing partner Lloyd Crowley was named Royston's Young Musicians of the Year 2018 - will be taking to the stage at The Old Bull Inn on Saturday, October 19, in aid of the UK military support charity.
Paddy started supporting Help for Heroes after an encounter with a homeless man in Cambridge who had served in Afghanistan, which led him to discover the level of homelessness among veterans.
As a result, he released a CD in 2017 titled 'Anthem to a Soldier', and donated all proceeds to the charity.
For the concert at the Royston High Street venue he will be joined by Lloyd, with the Herts-based pair often playing as a duo at Help for Heroes events.
You may also want to watch:
For tickets to the show, which starts at 8.30pm, call Paddy on 07909 705125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?