Want to support Help for Heroes? Attend this Royston concert
A musician shocked by the level of homelessness among war veterans is holding a concert in Royston next week for Help for Heroes.
Paddy Findlay - who along with playing partner Lloyd Crowley was named Royston's Young Musicians of the Year 2018 - will be taking to the stage at The Old Bull Inn on Saturday, October 19, in aid of the UK military support charity.
Paddy started supporting Help for Heroes after an encounter with a homeless man in Cambridge who had served in Afghanistan, which led him to discover the level of homelessness among veterans.
As a result, he released a CD in 2017 titled 'Anthem to a Soldier', and donated all proceeds to the charity.
For the concert at the Royston High Street venue he will be joined by Lloyd, with the Herts-based pair often playing as a duo at Help for Heroes events.
For tickets to the show, which starts at 8.30pm, call Paddy on 07909 705125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'