Royston amateur group to award outstanding contribution to drama
- Credit: Archant
An amateur drama group are inviting nominations for outstanding contribution to the arts in 2013.
Royston’s Corvus Amateur Drama Group (CADS) will be presenting the Fred Sillence and Lizzie Houghton awards after their last performance of Robin Hood and the Babes in the Wood on Saturday, February 1.
The Fred Sillence award – named in honour of the former Royston Crow editor who was a long-standing member of CADS – is for outstanding contribution to the performing arts over the past year.
The Lizzie Houghton Award is for those aged 18 and under who have made a similar impact on youth drama over the same period.
Both awards are open to people from Royston or the surrounding villages, with the deadline for nominations to Sally Marchant via firstname.lastname@example.org set at January 17.
You may also want to watch:
After a busy weekend building and painting the set and a successful rehearsal, CADS are well on the way to their production of Robin Hood and the Babes in the Wood.
CADS chairman Ian Cowley said: “It’s a real treat for the whole family, and this year’s performance is a family affair for CADS too, with no fewer than nine different family associations within the cast and crew. Brothers and sisters, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, fathers, sons, fiancées, old-timers and new faces are all present, and as enthusiastic as ever!”
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
The show will take place at Meridian School in Garden Walk, Royston, on January 24, 25, 31 and February 1 with evening shows at 7.30pm and Saturday matinees at 2pm.
Tickets are £10 for adults and £7 for children, students and over 60s, and can be purchased by calling 07925 674967 or via www.cadsroyston.org.uk