Rough Trade Shops - Singer Songwriter Vol. 1
Released Monday, June 26 Rough Trade, not content with being the label that brought us The Smiths, The Strokes and The Libertines, as well as being largely responsible for the very concept of the independent label, also do a pretty good line in compilatio
Released Monday, June 26
Rough Trade, not content with being the label that brought us The Smiths, The Strokes and The Libertines, as well as being largely responsible for the very concept of the independent label, also do a pretty good line in compilations.
This latest release looks at the singer-songwriter, that most captivating of artists, and takes as its focus your good old-fashioned song.
Some of the masters are represented, like Elvis Costello, Richard Thompson, Robert Wyatt and Cadaverous Australian doom-monger Nick Cave - what would a singer-songwriter
You may also want to watch:
compilation be like without its fair share of people like this?
It is the younger crop of artists that makes this album, however, such as Elliot Smith , James Yorkston, the sublime Cat Power, and Lou Barlow.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme