Rocking Chair Band aim to banish that Monday evening feeling in Royston
- Credit: Archant
There’s no excuse for that Monday evening feeling at Royston’s Heath Sports Centre when David Rance’s Rocking Chair Band comes to town.
The six-piece band have been booked to a residency at the venue, playing on alternate Monday evenings.
After their debut on November 3 they will be back next week, playing from 8pm to 10.30pm.
The line-up includes professional musicians who have performed in famous British New Orleans, Dixieland and Chicago style traditional jazz bands including The Pasadena Roof Orchestra, the New Vaudeville Jazz Band, Bob Kerr’s Whoopee Band and others.
The band members have all played at major events both at home and abroad.
You may also want to watch:
The Rocking Chair repertoire is not restricted to traditional jazz but includes songs from the shows, numbers made famous by such icons as Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald and Fats Waller and many tunes and songs from later eras – all arranged in an easy-listening and foot-tapping format.
The programme is also laced with comedy items and humour.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The centre has a fully licensed bar, food is available on the night and there is plenty of free parking.
Entry is just £6 at the door.