Rewind Festival set for drive-in concert date at Newmarket Racecourse
- Credit: Picture: KEVIN RICHARDS
Popular 80s music festival Rewind has joined the line-up of a drive-in concert series coming to Newmarket.
Entertainment company Live Nation presents Utilita Live From the Drive-In at Newmarket Racecourse this summer.
Rewind Festival will come to The July Course on Saturday, August 29.
The live line-up will feature Sheffield synth-pop stars Heaven 17, singer Toyah and Altered Images.
The drive-in concert will be hosted by The Doctor.
• READ MORE: Live acts announced for Newmarket drive-in concerts
You may also want to watch:
Fronted by singer Glenn Gregory, Heaven 17 are best known for number two hit Temptation from the album The Luxury Gap.
The group’s other hits include Come Live With Me, Crushed by the Wheels of Industry and Sunset Now.
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 10 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Toyah had top 10 hits in the 80s with singles It’s a Mystery, Thunder in the Mountains and I Want to Be Free.
Scottish group Altered Images are fronted by Clare Grogan, who also appeared in the hit film Gregory’s Girl.
Their hits include Happy Birthday, I Could Be Happy and Don’t Talk to Me About Love.
Gig-goers attending the Rewind show will have a designated area for their car that includes space for everyone to get out and have a dance.
As well as Newmarket, Rewind Festival will also visit Bolton and Colesdale Farm in Northaw, Hertfordshire, which is described as Utilita Live From the Drive-In’s London venue.
Tickets for Rewind go on general sale on Friday, July 10.
Alongside the live concerts, the drive-in schedule set for Newmarket also includes performances of West End musical SIX.
A programme of family entertainment curated by Camp Bestival has also been announced.
Rewind Festival posted on its Facebook page today (Wednesday): “We are delighted to announce the line up for the 3 Rewind shows that form part of the Utilita Live from the Drive-In series this summer!
“These are very exclusive evenings as there are only 300 cars at each show – we are therefore happy to confirm that we have secured a 24 hour presale period for Rewind fans from 10am tomorrow morning, before these go on general sale on Friday.
“We will be posting the ticket links in the morning, but for now its time to dust off those pink tutus for a bit of Rewind fun this summer!”
For more on Utilita Live From the Drive-In, visit www.livenation.co.uk/utilitalivefromthedrivein