Rewind Festival set for drive-in concert date at Newmarket Racecourse
- Credit: Picture: KEVIN RICHARDS
Popular 80s music festival Rewind has joined the line-up of a drive-in concert series coming to Newmarket.
Entertainment company Live Nation presents Utilita Live From the Drive-In at Newmarket Racecourse this summer.
Rewind Festival will come to The July Course on Saturday, August 29.
The live line-up will feature Sheffield synth-pop stars Heaven 17, singer Toyah and Altered Images.
The drive-in concert will be hosted by The Doctor.
• READ MORE: Live acts announced for Newmarket drive-in concerts
You may also want to watch:
Fronted by singer Glenn Gregory, Heaven 17 are best known for number two hit Temptation from the album The Luxury Gap.
The group’s other hits include Come Live With Me, Crushed by the Wheels of Industry and Sunset Now.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
Toyah had top 10 hits in the 80s with singles It’s a Mystery, Thunder in the Mountains and I Want to Be Free.
Scottish group Altered Images are fronted by Clare Grogan, who also appeared in the hit film Gregory’s Girl.
Their hits include Happy Birthday, I Could Be Happy and Don’t Talk to Me About Love.
Gig-goers attending the Rewind show will have a designated area for their car that includes space for everyone to get out and have a dance.
As well as Newmarket, Rewind Festival will also visit Bolton and Colesdale Farm in Northaw, Hertfordshire, which is described as Utilita Live From the Drive-In’s London venue.
Tickets for Rewind go on general sale on Friday, July 10.
Alongside the live concerts, the drive-in schedule set for Newmarket also includes performances of West End musical SIX.
A programme of family entertainment curated by Camp Bestival has also been announced.
Rewind Festival posted on its Facebook page today (Wednesday): “We are delighted to announce the line up for the 3 Rewind shows that form part of the Utilita Live from the Drive-In series this summer!
“These are very exclusive evenings as there are only 300 cars at each show – we are therefore happy to confirm that we have secured a 24 hour presale period for Rewind fans from 10am tomorrow morning, before these go on general sale on Friday.
“We will be posting the ticket links in the morning, but for now its time to dust off those pink tutus for a bit of Rewind fun this summer!”
For more on Utilita Live From the Drive-In, visit www.livenation.co.uk/utilitalivefromthedrivein