Red Arrows added to Battle of Britain Air Show at IWM Duxford
- Credit: Gerry Weatherhead
The Red Arrows have been added to the Battle of Britain Air Show weekend flying programme at IWM Duxford.
The 80th anniversary Battle of Britain Air Show will take place at IWM Duxford over the weekend Saturday, September 19 to Sunday, September 20.
Organisers have now confirmed the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows, and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight’s Hurricanes, Spitfires and Lancaster have joined the flying line-up.
The Red Arrows are one of the world’s premier aerobatic display teams and always thrill spectators at air shows.
The iconic World War Two Hurricanes, Spitfires and Lancaster of the RAF BBMF will also fly to commemorate those who have fallen in the service of this country.
Warbirds and spectacular flying displays will culminate in the now famous Spitfire flypast as Duxford commemorates the Battle of Britain, which raged in the skies over Britain in the summer of 1940.
Saturday tickets for the air show are 75 per cent sold out, and Sunday’s more than 50 per cent sold.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
All tickets are advance only.
As well as the 80th anniversary Battle of Britain Air Show, the new Duxford Battle of Britain Proms will take place on Friday, September 18.
This Proms event will be filled with flying and entertainment, climaxing with sunset flypasts, and an evening filled with music from The D-Day Darlings and The FlyBoys.
As well as the planned display by the Red Arrows, the commemorative Friday event will also see the Blades aerobatic team, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, Fireflies Aerobatic Display Team, the Great War Display Team, and various Spitfires in action over the historic Cambridgeshire airfield.
The line-up is subject to change and all confirmed flying is subject to weather and serviceability on the day.
Tickets for the Battle of Britain Proms are strictly limited.
For more details, and to book tickets, visit www.iwm.org.uk/airshows/duxford-battle-of-britain-airshow