Red Arrows added to Battle of Britain Air Show at IWM Duxford
- Credit: Gerry Weatherhead
The Red Arrows have been added to the Battle of Britain Air Show weekend flying programme at IWM Duxford.
The 80th anniversary Battle of Britain Air Show will take place at IWM Duxford over the weekend Saturday, September 19 to Sunday, September 20.
Organisers have now confirmed the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows, and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight’s Hurricanes, Spitfires and Lancaster have joined the flying line-up.
The Red Arrows are one of the world’s premier aerobatic display teams and always thrill spectators at air shows.
The iconic World War Two Hurricanes, Spitfires and Lancaster of the RAF BBMF will also fly to commemorate those who have fallen in the service of this country.
You may also want to watch:
Warbirds and spectacular flying displays will culminate in the now famous Spitfire flypast as Duxford commemorates the Battle of Britain, which raged in the skies over Britain in the summer of 1940.
Saturday tickets for the air show are 75 per cent sold out, and Sunday’s more than 50 per cent sold.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
All tickets are advance only.
As well as the 80th anniversary Battle of Britain Air Show, the new Duxford Battle of Britain Proms will take place on Friday, September 18.
This Proms event will be filled with flying and entertainment, climaxing with sunset flypasts, and an evening filled with music from The D-Day Darlings and The FlyBoys.
As well as the planned display by the Red Arrows, the commemorative Friday event will also see the Blades aerobatic team, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, Fireflies Aerobatic Display Team, the Great War Display Team, and various Spitfires in action over the historic Cambridgeshire airfield.
The line-up is subject to change and all confirmed flying is subject to weather and serviceability on the day.
Tickets for the Battle of Britain Proms are strictly limited.
For more details, and to book tickets, visit www.iwm.org.uk/airshows/duxford-battle-of-britain-airshow