Radio 1’s Live Lounge: 2
THE first BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge album was one of the unexpected hits of 2006. Featuring tracks recorded live on Jo Whiley s daytime radio show, the record topped the compilation charts for several weeks. The second instalment of the series features a si
THE first BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge album was one of the unexpected hits of 2006.
Featuring tracks recorded live on Jo Whiley's daytime radio show, the record topped the compilation charts for several weeks.
The second instalment of the series features a similar mix of stripped down acoustic hits and unique cover versions.
30 Seconds to Mars unleash an unusual take on the Kanye West hit, Stronger, Scottish band Biffy Clyro rock up the biggest pop song of the summer, Rhianna's Umbrella, while The Pigeon Detectives contribute a tub-thumping version of Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend.
Perhaps the best performance comes from Maximo Park, who almost make cheesy Proclaimers anthem 500 Miles sound cool.
With Foo Fighters, Reverend and the Makers, and The View also putting in captivating performances, Live Lounge 2 is set to be every bit as successful as its predecessor.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?