Radio 1’s Live Lounge: 2
THE first BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge album was one of the unexpected hits of 2006. Featuring tracks recorded live on Jo Whiley s daytime radio show, the record topped the compilation charts for several weeks. The second instalment of the series features a si
THE first BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge album was one of the unexpected hits of 2006.
Featuring tracks recorded live on Jo Whiley's daytime radio show, the record topped the compilation charts for several weeks.
The second instalment of the series features a similar mix of stripped down acoustic hits and unique cover versions.
30 Seconds to Mars unleash an unusual take on the Kanye West hit, Stronger, Scottish band Biffy Clyro rock up the biggest pop song of the summer, Rhianna's Umbrella, while The Pigeon Detectives contribute a tub-thumping version of Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps the best performance comes from Maximo Park, who almost make cheesy Proclaimers anthem 500 Miles sound cool.
With Foo Fighters, Reverend and the Makers, and The View also putting in captivating performances, Live Lounge 2 is set to be every bit as successful as its predecessor.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms