Pulp - Different Class: Special Edition
JARVIS Cocker s sabotage of Michael Jackson s Brits performance raised Pulp s profile to previously unimaginable heights, placing a level of strain on the band that would ultimately lead to the downfall of one of the last decade s truly great pop bands.
JARVIS Cocker's sabotage of Michael Jackson's Brits performance raised Pulp's profile to previously unimaginable heights, placing a level of strain on the band that would ultimately lead to the downfall of one of the last decade's truly great pop bands.
Many of the bands signed up on the back of the Britpop boom were only able to deliver poor imitations of Cocker's wonderfully observed stories of provincial life and sexual frustration.
Different Class found Pulp at their art-pop peak. The album included Mis Shapes, Disco 2000 and breakthrough single Common People defined the musical era so immaculately yet still sound fresh today.
It's been noted that this new special edition of the album ties in neatly with the success of fellow Sheffield band, The Arctic Monkeys, whose observational lyrics are reminiscent of Cocker's.
You may also want to watch:
This new edition includes the band's groundbreaking Glastonbury performance of Common People, as well as B-side Mile End, used to great effect in Trainspotting.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge