Pleasing break as actor boosts churches cash
ACTOR Robert Lloyd Parry – currently on national tour with the Nunkie Theatre Company – will be taking a break from his busy schedule to stage a performance of A Pleasing Terror at St Mary s Church in Great Eversden. Robert will portray the late MR James,
ACTOR Robert Lloyd Parry - currently on national tour with the Nunkie Theatre Company - will be taking a break from his busy schedule to stage a performance of A Pleasing Terror at St Mary's Church in Great Eversden.
Robert will portray the late MR James, a Fellow and later a Provost of King's College, Cambridge, who would tell ghost stories to be later published as Ghost Stories of an Antiquary.
Appearing to be dressed as if he had just retuned from dining with a college master, his offerings included Canon Alberic's Scrapbook and The Mezzotint.
Robert is donating all proceeds to the Friends of the Eversden Churches from the peformance on Saturday, October 14 at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
- Tickets are £10 each from Robert Lloyd Parry on 01223 263069 or 17a High St, Great Eversden.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images