Performers hit the big time with Blackpool booking
- Credit: Archant
A GROUP of performers from Crow country are set to hit the big-time after landing a booking in Blackpool.
Royston-based actress Debbie Denton has secured a summer run on Blackpool’s north pier for her rock ’n’ roll show, Jukebox and Bobbysox.
The cast contains young people from Crow country, including students Dan Jinkerson, who plays the part of a Radio DJ, and Carla Travers, who is one of the backing vocalists.
Mrs Denton, who has enjoyed a long career in showbusiness including roles in The Bill and London’s Burning, said: “I try and give young talent a bit of a break because it’s such a tough industry to get into.
“We’ve been touring for 18 months and this is a great opportunity for us.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the show, log on to www.jukeboxandbobbysox.co.uk
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash