Performers hit the big time with Blackpool booking
- Credit: Archant
A GROUP of performers from Crow country are set to hit the big-time after landing a booking in Blackpool.
Royston-based actress Debbie Denton has secured a summer run on Blackpool’s north pier for her rock ’n’ roll show, Jukebox and Bobbysox.
The cast contains young people from Crow country, including students Dan Jinkerson, who plays the part of a Radio DJ, and Carla Travers, who is one of the backing vocalists.
Mrs Denton, who has enjoyed a long career in showbusiness including roles in The Bill and London’s Burning, said: “I try and give young talent a bit of a break because it’s such a tough industry to get into.
“We’ve been touring for 18 months and this is a great opportunity for us.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the show, log on to www.jukeboxandbobbysox.co.uk
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe