Performers hit the big time with Blackpool booking
- Credit: Archant
A GROUP of performers from Crow country are set to hit the big-time after landing a booking in Blackpool.
Royston-based actress Debbie Denton has secured a summer run on Blackpool’s north pier for her rock ’n’ roll show, Jukebox and Bobbysox.
The cast contains young people from Crow country, including students Dan Jinkerson, who plays the part of a Radio DJ, and Carla Travers, who is one of the backing vocalists.
Mrs Denton, who has enjoyed a long career in showbusiness including roles in The Bill and London’s Burning, said: “I try and give young talent a bit of a break because it’s such a tough industry to get into.
“We’ve been touring for 18 months and this is a great opportunity for us.”
For more information on the show, log on to www.jukeboxandbobbysox.co.uk
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 8 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party