One more hero takes to stage
THERE are two chances to see former Strangler Hugh Cornwell in the area this week. First up is his appearance at The Junction in Cambridge tomorrow night, Friday. And next Wednesday Cornwell is appearing at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage. Cornwell is
THERE are two chances to see former Strangler Hugh Cornwell in the area this week.
First up is his appearance at The Junction in Cambridge tomorrow night, Friday.
And next Wednesday Cornwell is appearing at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage.
Cornwell is well regarded as one of the UK's finest song-writing talents and accomplished live performers.
You may also want to watch:
The original guitarist, singer, and main songwriter in The Stranglers enjoyed massive UK and European success with 10 hit albums and 21 top 40 singles in the 17-year period that he was in the band.
The Stranglers' hits include Peaches, No More Heroes, Golden Brown, Always The Sun, Grip, Nice n Sleazy, Duchess, Walk On By, Strange Little Girl, and Skin Deep, but Cornwell also has a wealth of solo material to call on.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Tickets for each concert are £15, with the Junction gig starting at 8pm, and the Gordon Craig 7.45pm.
Contact The Junction on 01223 511511, or the Gordon Craig on 08700 131030.