One more hero takes to stage
THERE are two chances to see former Strangler Hugh Cornwell in the area this week. First up is his appearance at The Junction in Cambridge tomorrow night, Friday. And next Wednesday Cornwell is appearing at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage. Cornwell is
THERE are two chances to see former Strangler Hugh Cornwell in the area this week.
First up is his appearance at The Junction in Cambridge tomorrow night, Friday.
And next Wednesday Cornwell is appearing at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage.
Cornwell is well regarded as one of the UK's finest song-writing talents and accomplished live performers.
You may also want to watch:
The original guitarist, singer, and main songwriter in The Stranglers enjoyed massive UK and European success with 10 hit albums and 21 top 40 singles in the 17-year period that he was in the band.
The Stranglers' hits include Peaches, No More Heroes, Golden Brown, Always The Sun, Grip, Nice n Sleazy, Duchess, Walk On By, Strange Little Girl, and Skin Deep, but Cornwell also has a wealth of solo material to call on.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Tickets for each concert are £15, with the Junction gig starting at 8pm, and the Gordon Craig 7.45pm.
Contact The Junction on 01223 511511, or the Gordon Craig on 08700 131030.