On parade again
Don t panic Mr Mainwaring! Because the members of the Home Guard will soon be marching into the Gordon Craig Theatre to kick off their UK tour. One of the most popular and revered British comedies of all time, Dad s Army has been lovingly recreated for th
Don't panic Mr Mainwaring! Because the members of the Home Guard will soon be marching into the Gordon Craig Theatre to kick off their UK tour.
One of the most popular and revered British comedies of all time, Dad's Army has been lovingly recreated for the stage with a star-studded cast.
EastEnders bad boy Dirty Den, aka Leslie Grantham, who takes the role of Private Walker, and Peter Martin, whose credits include Len Reynolds in Emmerdale, and The Royal Family, as Captain Mainwaring, will help to breathe new life into the misadventures of the Home Guard Platoon in the fictional south coast town of Walmington-on-sea.
The original classic BBC TV series first aired in 1968 running for nearly 10 years and capturing the hearts of millions with its gentle, timeless humour.
You may also want to watch:
This will be a chance to see the stories from the lost episodes from 1969 which were erased by the BBC.
Dad's Army will run from September 5-8.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Tickets start at £12.50 and are available by calling 08700 131030 or at www.gordon-craig.co.uk