On parade again
Don t panic Mr Mainwaring! Because the members of the Home Guard will soon be marching into the Gordon Craig Theatre to kick off their UK tour. One of the most popular and revered British comedies of all time, Dad s Army has been lovingly recreated for th
Don't panic Mr Mainwaring! Because the members of the Home Guard will soon be marching into the Gordon Craig Theatre to kick off their UK tour.
One of the most popular and revered British comedies of all time, Dad's Army has been lovingly recreated for the stage with a star-studded cast.
EastEnders bad boy Dirty Den, aka Leslie Grantham, who takes the role of Private Walker, and Peter Martin, whose credits include Len Reynolds in Emmerdale, and The Royal Family, as Captain Mainwaring, will help to breathe new life into the misadventures of the Home Guard Platoon in the fictional south coast town of Walmington-on-sea.
The original classic BBC TV series first aired in 1968 running for nearly 10 years and capturing the hearts of millions with its gentle, timeless humour.
This will be a chance to see the stories from the lost episodes from 1969 which were erased by the BBC.
Dad's Army will run from September 5-8.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 6 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
Tickets start at £12.50 and are available by calling 08700 131030 or at www.gordon-craig.co.uk