On parade again
Don t panic Mr Mainwaring! Because the members of the Home Guard will soon be marching into the Gordon Craig Theatre to kick off their UK tour. One of the most popular and revered British comedies of all time, Dad s Army has been lovingly recreated for th
Don't panic Mr Mainwaring! Because the members of the Home Guard will soon be marching into the Gordon Craig Theatre to kick off their UK tour.
One of the most popular and revered British comedies of all time, Dad's Army has been lovingly recreated for the stage with a star-studded cast.
EastEnders bad boy Dirty Den, aka Leslie Grantham, who takes the role of Private Walker, and Peter Martin, whose credits include Len Reynolds in Emmerdale, and The Royal Family, as Captain Mainwaring, will help to breathe new life into the misadventures of the Home Guard Platoon in the fictional south coast town of Walmington-on-sea.
The original classic BBC TV series first aired in 1968 running for nearly 10 years and capturing the hearts of millions with its gentle, timeless humour.
You may also want to watch:
This will be a chance to see the stories from the lost episodes from 1969 which were erased by the BBC.
Dad's Army will run from September 5-8.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
Tickets start at £12.50 and are available by calling 08700 131030 or at www.gordon-craig.co.uk