Newton Faulkner to headline at Cambridge Folk Festival
- Credit: Archant
Multi-platinum selling singer-songer Newton Faulkner will headline at a folk festival celebrating its 50th anniversary, organisers revealed yesterday (Wednesday).
The double chart topping artist will top the bill for Cambridge Folk Festival’s opening night, and will be joined by Phillip Henry and Hannah Martin – recent winners of Best Duo at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards – and folk-punk band Skinny Lister, fast gaining a reputation for their high energy live shows.
Also appearing at Cherry Hinton Park in Cambridge on the opening night of Thursday, July 31, are Australian-Irish husband and wife duo Hat Fitz and Cara who deal in raw, old-timey blues, Pokey LaFarge – playing a creative mix of early jazz, string ragtime, country blues and western swing – and the collaborative sound of classical harpist Catrin Finch and kora player Seckou Keita.
Tickets are already on sale for the four-day festival which takes place between July 31 and August 3.
More names for Thursday and the rest of the weekend are still to be announced but Sinéad O’Connor has already been revealed as a headline act for Friday, with Van Morrison taking to the stage on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The festival, which has a 14,000 capacity, comprises of four different stages and also includes street theatre, music workshops and sessions, raucous ceilidhs, a youth area, paddling pool and playground.
A full festival ticket costs £121, Thursday tickets are £24.50, Friday is £43.50 and the weekend days are both £63.50.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
Camping, available only to those with a full festival ticket per 2-3 berth tent cost £59.50 in Cherry Hinton Park and £41.50 on the second site of Coldham’s Common. Prices include a booking fee.
For the full line-up and to book tickets visit www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk