New codebreaker game coming to Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
If you and your friends fancy yourself as codebreakers, you could head up to Cambridge next weekend and give it a go.
Teams of players are invited to crack a series of puzzles encoded into the exhibits of the University of Cambridge Museum in the city centre.
The new game, The Last Secret, is presented by the University of Cambridge Museums in partnership with Fire Hazard Games.
Ina Pruegel, the University of Cambridge Museums digital engagement officer, said: “We can’t wait to see this new codebreaking game in action.
“Fire Hazard Games has a fantastic track record of engaging audiences in high-energy, character-led experiences that keep players guessing at every turn. We’re confident that the people of Cambridge will find our codebreaking game a real challenge, and we’re delighted that it presents yet another way for people to engage closely with the university collections.”
You may also want to watch:
The immersive experience coincides with the Codebreakers and Groundbreakers exhibitions at the Fitzwilliam Museum and Museum of Classical Archaeology, players will also be cracking puzzles in the Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences and Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology.
Players will enter a world where the Cambridge Codebreaking Society has come into possession of a series of letters between a cryptographer and a linguist, spanning decades. The last references a closely-held secret – but it’s written in an unbreakable code, one that references a series of artifacts spread out across disciplines, space, and time. They’ve called upon their finest minds to help them crack the code before the answers are lost forever.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 4 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
With a live leaderboard, cryptic clues, surprise challenges and roaming characters, teams will have to be curious, co-operative and clever to come out on top.
The Last Secret is designed for those aged 18 and over, and no prior knowledge of codebreaking is required.
The two-hour game is on Saturdays from 10.30am to 12.30pm from November 4 to December 15 and then again from January 6 to February 24 next year.
For tickets go to www.cambridgelivetrust.co.uk/tickets/events/cambridge-codebreakers-last-secret.