New angle for Jacqui
IF YOU go back as far as the 60s or 70s, you ll probably remember the original Pentangle. They had two superb guitarists in John Renbourn and Bert Jansch, and lead singer Jacqui McShee had one of the purest voices you re likely to hear in folk and rock. O
IF YOU go back as far as the 60s or 70s, you'll probably remember the original Pentangle.
They had two superb guitarists in John Renbourn and Bert Jansch, and lead singer Jacqui McShee had one of the purest voices you're likely to hear in folk and rock.
One of their best-known songs was Light Flight, which was the theme music for the BBC's 1969 drama Take Three Girls.
Pentangle also had strong jazz elements in their work, and their overall sound remains intact with the latest form of the band, Jacqui McShee's Pentangle.
They play The Junction in a few weeks, and, in addition to newer material, are likely to include some new versions of old Pentangle favourites.
As well as McShee, the band consists of Spencer Cozens (keyboards), Gerry Conway (drums), Jerry Underwood (saxophones), and Alan Thomson (bass and guitar).
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
They stop off at The Junction on September 2, at 8pm.
Tickets cost £14. Contact the box office, 01223 511511.