New angle for Jacqui
IF YOU go back as far as the 60s or 70s, you ll probably remember the original Pentangle. They had two superb guitarists in John Renbourn and Bert Jansch, and lead singer Jacqui McShee had one of the purest voices you re likely to hear in folk and rock. O
IF YOU go back as far as the 60s or 70s, you'll probably remember the original Pentangle.
They had two superb guitarists in John Renbourn and Bert Jansch, and lead singer Jacqui McShee had one of the purest voices you're likely to hear in folk and rock.
One of their best-known songs was Light Flight, which was the theme music for the BBC's 1969 drama Take Three Girls.
Pentangle also had strong jazz elements in their work, and their overall sound remains intact with the latest form of the band, Jacqui McShee's Pentangle.
You may also want to watch:
They play The Junction in a few weeks, and, in addition to newer material, are likely to include some new versions of old Pentangle favourites.
As well as McShee, the band consists of Spencer Cozens (keyboards), Gerry Conway (drums), Jerry Underwood (saxophones), and Alan Thomson (bass and guitar).
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
They stop off at The Junction on September 2, at 8pm.
Tickets cost £14. Contact the box office, 01223 511511.