New angle for Jacqui
IF YOU go back as far as the 60s or 70s, you ll probably remember the original Pentangle. They had two superb guitarists in John Renbourn and Bert Jansch, and lead singer Jacqui McShee had one of the purest voices you re likely to hear in folk and rock. O
IF YOU go back as far as the 60s or 70s, you'll probably remember the original Pentangle.
They had two superb guitarists in John Renbourn and Bert Jansch, and lead singer Jacqui McShee had one of the purest voices you're likely to hear in folk and rock.
One of their best-known songs was Light Flight, which was the theme music for the BBC's 1969 drama Take Three Girls.
Pentangle also had strong jazz elements in their work, and their overall sound remains intact with the latest form of the band, Jacqui McShee's Pentangle.
You may also want to watch:
They play The Junction in a few weeks, and, in addition to newer material, are likely to include some new versions of old Pentangle favourites.
As well as McShee, the band consists of Spencer Cozens (keyboards), Gerry Conway (drums), Jerry Underwood (saxophones), and Alan Thomson (bass and guitar).
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
They stop off at The Junction on September 2, at 8pm.
Tickets cost £14. Contact the box office, 01223 511511.