Months of hard work end in triumph for Meridian Upper School’s Les Miserables team
- Credit: Archant
A packed audience rose in acclaim as a talented cast took their final bow at Royston’s Meridian Upper School on Saturday night.
The black-tie gala event was the last of three performances which involved a huge cast of pupils drawn from across the Garden Walk school, both on stage and behind the scenes.
Head of performing arts Jenny Warburton, who acted as producer and musical director for the ambitious show, said afterwards: “The past four months have been a creative journey for the performing arts department.
“Thirty per cent of the school has joined together in creating their very own version of Les Miserables.
“They have raised their personal expectations and those of each of each other to new heights. We are incredibly proud of them and what Meridian has achieved and hope that each year the productions make new lifelong memories for them.”
You may also want to watch:
One of the guests in the audience for Saturday night’s performance was North East Herts MP Sir Oliver Heald, who said: “It was a wonderful production with every member of the large cast performing to an exceptional standard.
“I would like to congratulate everyone involved on behalf of the packed audience, who gave a rousing Standing Ovation at the end. I can say that this was the best school production I have seen.”
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
See Thursday’s Royston Crow for more coverage of the production.