GEORGE Clooney may not be given an Oscar this year – he is nominated – but he certainly gives a performance which deserves recognition. In this legal thriller he plays Michael Clayton, a lawyer who in the trade is known as a fixer . The story revolves a
GEORGE Clooney may not be given an Oscar this year - he is nominated - but he certainly gives a performance which deserves recognition.
In this legal thriller he plays Michael Clayton, a lawyer who in the trade is known as a "fixer".
The story revolves around four days in his life and that of Tom Wilkinson, brilliantly playing a lawyer representing a large agro-chemical company, who has a crisis of conscience.
To this, too, is added a piece of acting from Tilda Swinton which quite rightly earned her a Bafta award at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Director Tony Gilroy, who was responsible for adapting the Bourne movies, has created a worthwhile thriller that avoids the usual courtroom cliches.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?