GEORGE Clooney may not be given an Oscar this year – he is nominated – but he certainly gives a performance which deserves recognition. In this legal thriller he plays Michael Clayton, a lawyer who in the trade is known as a fixer . The story revolves a
GEORGE Clooney may not be given an Oscar this year - he is nominated - but he certainly gives a performance which deserves recognition.
In this legal thriller he plays Michael Clayton, a lawyer who in the trade is known as a "fixer".
The story revolves around four days in his life and that of Tom Wilkinson, brilliantly playing a lawyer representing a large agro-chemical company, who has a crisis of conscience.
To this, too, is added a piece of acting from Tilda Swinton which quite rightly earned her a Bafta award at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Director Tony Gilroy, who was responsible for adapting the Bourne movies, has created a worthwhile thriller that avoids the usual courtroom cliches.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches