Theatre: Sofa at Chelmsford Civic Theatre, a play about family memories on Wednesday, February 20
- Credit: Archant
Sofa, at Chelmsford Civic Theatre on Wednesday, February 20, is a play about family memories. The creators have decided that the sofa is where families make new worlds as children and seek solace as adults.
Sofa, at Chelmsford Civic Theatre on Wednesday, February 20, is a play about family memories.
The creators have decided that the sofa is where families make new worlds as children and seek solace as adults.
It is a place to laugh, to cry, play and discover.
The audience joins Rachel and Mark at their old family home exploring memories of loved ones living with dementia, and the changing perspectives they bring to those memories.
Presented by The MakeShift Ensemble, the actors discover the effects of memory and “unmemory” on family relationships.
This is a drama inspired by real life experiences and the piece tells the stories that sometimes go untold.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 2 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 5 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 10 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
The British Theatre Guide reviewer said: “Brilliant music, powerful and very clever.” Exposed magazine said: “The Makeshift Ensemble cleverly crafts beautiful music, bold physical theatre, outstanding puppetry and original spoken word together to create an imaginative and thought-provoking play.” For ages 12+.
Tickets, £11 or £9 concessions from 01245 606505 or www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres.