Theatre: Sofa at Chelmsford Civic Theatre, a play about family memories on Wednesday, February 20
- Credit: Archant
Sofa, at Chelmsford Civic Theatre on Wednesday, February 20, is a play about family memories. The creators have decided that the sofa is where families make new worlds as children and seek solace as adults.
Sofa, at Chelmsford Civic Theatre on Wednesday, February 20, is a play about family memories.
The creators have decided that the sofa is where families make new worlds as children and seek solace as adults.
It is a place to laugh, to cry, play and discover.
The audience joins Rachel and Mark at their old family home exploring memories of loved ones living with dementia, and the changing perspectives they bring to those memories.
Presented by The MakeShift Ensemble, the actors discover the effects of memory and “unmemory” on family relationships.
This is a drama inspired by real life experiences and the piece tells the stories that sometimes go untold.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 5 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 6 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 7 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
- 10 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
The British Theatre Guide reviewer said: “Brilliant music, powerful and very clever.” Exposed magazine said: “The Makeshift Ensemble cleverly crafts beautiful music, bold physical theatre, outstanding puppetry and original spoken word together to create an imaginative and thought-provoking play.” For ages 12+.
Tickets, £11 or £9 concessions from 01245 606505 or www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres.