Theatre: Sofa at Chelmsford Civic Theatre, a play about family memories on Wednesday, February 20
- Credit: Archant
Sofa, at Chelmsford Civic Theatre on Wednesday, February 20, is a play about family memories. The creators have decided that the sofa is where families make new worlds as children and seek solace as adults.
Sofa, at Chelmsford Civic Theatre on Wednesday, February 20, is a play about family memories.
The creators have decided that the sofa is where families make new worlds as children and seek solace as adults.
It is a place to laugh, to cry, play and discover.
The audience joins Rachel and Mark at their old family home exploring memories of loved ones living with dementia, and the changing perspectives they bring to those memories.
You may also want to watch:
Presented by The MakeShift Ensemble, the actors discover the effects of memory and “unmemory” on family relationships.
This is a drama inspired by real life experiences and the piece tells the stories that sometimes go untold.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
The British Theatre Guide reviewer said: “Brilliant music, powerful and very clever.” Exposed magazine said: “The Makeshift Ensemble cleverly crafts beautiful music, bold physical theatre, outstanding puppetry and original spoken word together to create an imaginative and thought-provoking play.” For ages 12+.
Tickets, £11 or £9 concessions from 01245 606505 or www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres.