Liverpool 8 - Ringo Starr
LIVERPOOL S status as 2008 European Capital of Culture has been marked with a new album from one of its most famous musical names. Ringo Starr may not have been the most talented of the fab four, but the ex-Beatle has certainly enjoyed a prolific solo car
LIVERPOOL'S status as 2008 European Capital of Culture has been marked with a new album from one of its most famous musical names.
Ringo Starr may not have been the most talented of the fab four, but the ex-Beatle has certainly enjoyed a prolific solo career, releasing 14 studio albums.
Liverpool 8, which has been co-written by ex-Eurythmic Dave Stewart, has plenty of nods to the past, notably title track Liverpool 8, which sees Starr taking listeners on a journey through his childhood.
R U Ready, with its bar-room piano and sing-a-long chorus, sounds like it could be Yellow Submarine's younger brother, while Gone Are the Days is a more laid back affair.
You may also want to watch:
Although Liverpool 8 is unlikely to be remembered as a classic, Starr has produced a typically charming pop album.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside