Liverpool 8 - Ringo Starr
LIVERPOOL S status as 2008 European Capital of Culture has been marked with a new album from one of its most famous musical names. Ringo Starr may not have been the most talented of the fab four, but the ex-Beatle has certainly enjoyed a prolific solo car
LIVERPOOL'S status as 2008 European Capital of Culture has been marked with a new album from one of its most famous musical names.
Ringo Starr may not have been the most talented of the fab four, but the ex-Beatle has certainly enjoyed a prolific solo career, releasing 14 studio albums.
Liverpool 8, which has been co-written by ex-Eurythmic Dave Stewart, has plenty of nods to the past, notably title track Liverpool 8, which sees Starr taking listeners on a journey through his childhood.
R U Ready, with its bar-room piano and sing-a-long chorus, sounds like it could be Yellow Submarine's younger brother, while Gone Are the Days is a more laid back affair.
You may also want to watch:
Although Liverpool 8 is unlikely to be remembered as a classic, Starr has produced a typically charming pop album.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns