Little Death: Pete and the Pirates
ON hearing comparisons with Razorlight and the Kaiser Chiefs, I didn t hold out much hope for Pete and the Pirates. However, after giving their debut album, Little Death, several listens, I m pleased to report that I was wrong. For the record, Pete and t
ON hearing comparisons with Razorlight and the Kaiser Chiefs, I didn't hold out much hope for Pete and the Pirates.
However, after giving their debut album, Little Death, several listens, I'm pleased to report that I was wrong.
For the record, Pete and the Pirates sound more like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers (in their mellower moments) crossed with British rockers such as the Libertines or Supergrass.
They certainly have a style all of their own, and this means that Little Death is at times an engaging affair. Knots and Mr Understanding rattle along at a cracking pace, while Eyes Like Tar features some delightful harmonies.
You may also want to watch:
Not all the songs are quite so memorable, but even so, Little Death is certainly more Jack Sparrow than Captain Pugwash. 3/5.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM