Let’s doodle and dance - Meldreth couple’s innovative show is a family hit
- Credit: Archant
The talents of a Meldreth couple will be on show close to home this weekend.
Demand for tickets to Anna Williams and Tom Roden’s innovative Doodle Dance Show are in such hot demand that a third performance has already been arranged at The Junction in Cambridge on Sunday.
The idea is that you grab a pen and kick off your shoes for a playful interactive show that will get the whole family drawing and dancing together.
You help to turn a giant piece of paper into a delightfully anarchic world populated by crazy birds, dancing pirates, and a man who speaks in bubbles.
Award-winning performers Anna and Tom ask some key questions, such as can you dance a scribble, or draw a sneeze, in the expectation that the audience at the Clifton Way venue will be able to supply the answers.
You may also want to watch:
The production has been commissioned and produced by Greenwich Dance, co-commissioned by DanceEast and South East Dance and supported by Arts Council England and Cambridge Junction.
It’s recommended for ages three to 13 and there are shows on Sunday at 11.30am, 2.30pm and 4.30pm.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Tickets are £10 for adults, £6 for children and £27 for a group of four (maximum two adults).
The 45-minute show has already proved a hit with London audiences after its premier in the capital earlier this month.
One online reviewer raved: “I was privileged to be invited to a special preview along with my sons, aged three and five. We were all mesmerised.
“It was a unique and beautiful performance that got all of us up moving and doodling. Absolutely wonderful – I would highly recommend it.”
You can find out more about the show and book tickets online at www.junction.co.uk or call 01223 511 511 (10am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday).