Let’s doodle and dance - Meldreth couple’s innovative show is a family hit
- Credit: Archant
The talents of a Meldreth couple will be on show close to home this weekend.
Demand for tickets to Anna Williams and Tom Roden’s innovative Doodle Dance Show are in such hot demand that a third performance has already been arranged at The Junction in Cambridge on Sunday.
The idea is that you grab a pen and kick off your shoes for a playful interactive show that will get the whole family drawing and dancing together.
You help to turn a giant piece of paper into a delightfully anarchic world populated by crazy birds, dancing pirates, and a man who speaks in bubbles.
Award-winning performers Anna and Tom ask some key questions, such as can you dance a scribble, or draw a sneeze, in the expectation that the audience at the Clifton Way venue will be able to supply the answers.
The production has been commissioned and produced by Greenwich Dance, co-commissioned by DanceEast and South East Dance and supported by Arts Council England and Cambridge Junction.
It’s recommended for ages three to 13 and there are shows on Sunday at 11.30am, 2.30pm and 4.30pm.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
Tickets are £10 for adults, £6 for children and £27 for a group of four (maximum two adults).
The 45-minute show has already proved a hit with London audiences after its premier in the capital earlier this month.
One online reviewer raved: “I was privileged to be invited to a special preview along with my sons, aged three and five. We were all mesmerised.
“It was a unique and beautiful performance that got all of us up moving and doodling. Absolutely wonderful – I would highly recommend it.”
You can find out more about the show and book tickets online at www.junction.co.uk or call 01223 511 511 (10am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday).