Legendary folk figure Martin Carthy is heading to Royston for Friday night show
- Credit: Archant
He’s arguably the greatest English folk song performer, writer, collector and editor of them all – and he’s playing Royston on Friday night.
For more than 40 years Martin Carthy has been one of folk music’s greatest innovators, one of its best loved, most enthusiastic and, at times, most quietly controversial of figures.
His skill, stage presence and natural charm have won him many admirers, not only from within the folk scene, but also far beyond it.
Catch him at The Old Bull in the High Street from 8pm, tickets for the Royston Folk Club gig are £15 (£13 in advance) and just £2 for the U25s.
More details at www.roystonfolk.org.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event