Legendary folk figure Martin Carthy is heading to Royston for Friday night show
- Credit: Archant
He’s arguably the greatest English folk song performer, writer, collector and editor of them all – and he’s playing Royston on Friday night.
For more than 40 years Martin Carthy has been one of folk music’s greatest innovators, one of its best loved, most enthusiastic and, at times, most quietly controversial of figures.
His skill, stage presence and natural charm have won him many admirers, not only from within the folk scene, but also far beyond it.
Catch him at The Old Bull in the High Street from 8pm, tickets for the Royston Folk Club gig are £15 (£13 in advance) and just £2 for the U25s.
More details at www.roystonfolk.org.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims