Folk group Lau to play at Saffron Hall on November 30
- Credit: Archant
Folk group Lau, winner of Best Group four times at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards, will be at Saffron Hall on Friday, November 30.
Favourites at Cambridge Folk Festival, this is their first new music since their 2015 album The Bell that Never Rang.
The Guardian reviewer has called them “The most musically adventurous trio in British folk”. They mix acoustic and electronic, instrumental and song.
Lau, formed in 2005, is named after an Orcadian word meaning “natural light”. The band is composed of virtuoso musicians, Kris Drever (guitar, vocals), Martin Green (accordion, piano, electronics) and Aidan O’Rourke (fiddle).
At the cutting edge of the British folk revival and with roots in England and Scotland, they have released four studio albums and one live album,
You may also want to watch:
According to everyone who has seen them. It will well worth a visit to Lau-Lau Land.
7.30pm. Tickets, £10-£25 from 0845 548 7650 or www.saffronhall.com.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'