Folk group Lau to play at Saffron Hall on November 30
- Credit: Archant
Folk group Lau, winner of Best Group four times at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards, will be at Saffron Hall on Friday, November 30.
Favourites at Cambridge Folk Festival, this is their first new music since their 2015 album The Bell that Never Rang.
The Guardian reviewer has called them “The most musically adventurous trio in British folk”. They mix acoustic and electronic, instrumental and song.
Lau, formed in 2005, is named after an Orcadian word meaning “natural light”. The band is composed of virtuoso musicians, Kris Drever (guitar, vocals), Martin Green (accordion, piano, electronics) and Aidan O’Rourke (fiddle).
At the cutting edge of the British folk revival and with roots in England and Scotland, they have released four studio albums and one live album,
You may also want to watch:
According to everyone who has seen them. It will well worth a visit to Lau-Lau Land.
7.30pm. Tickets, £10-£25 from 0845 548 7650 or www.saffronhall.com.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire