La Vie En Rose
MARION Cotillard has thoroughly deserved the praise – and the Oscar award – that has come her way for her portrayal of Edith Piaf. She is more than convincing as the French singer who came out of the slums of Paris to capture worldwide attention. Cotillar
MARION Cotillard has thoroughly deserved the praise - and the Oscar award - that has come her way for her portrayal of Edith Piaf.
She is more than convincing as the French singer who came out of the slums of Paris to capture worldwide attention.
Cotillard perfects not just the voice of the Little Sparrow - the name given to Piaf - but also gives depth to a character which, at times, went through moments of torment.
Piaf's desire was to perform on stage: to give the audience her voice.
But in the shadows of her life were passionate relationships and the almost inevitable tragic consequences of her success.
It is all captured brilliantly by Cotillard in a way that makes us believe that she is, indeed, Piaf.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 9 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'