La Vie En Rose
MARION Cotillard has thoroughly deserved the praise – and the Oscar award – that has come her way for her portrayal of Edith Piaf. She is more than convincing as the French singer who came out of the slums of Paris to capture worldwide attention. Cotillar
MARION Cotillard has thoroughly deserved the praise - and the Oscar award - that has come her way for her portrayal of Edith Piaf.
She is more than convincing as the French singer who came out of the slums of Paris to capture worldwide attention.
Cotillard perfects not just the voice of the Little Sparrow - the name given to Piaf - but also gives depth to a character which, at times, went through moments of torment.
Piaf's desire was to perform on stage: to give the audience her voice.
You may also want to watch:
But in the shadows of her life were passionate relationships and the almost inevitable tragic consequences of her success.
It is all captured brilliantly by Cotillard in a way that makes us believe that she is, indeed, Piaf.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe