La Vie En Rose
MARION Cotillard has thoroughly deserved the praise – and the Oscar award – that has come her way for her portrayal of Edith Piaf. She is more than convincing as the French singer who came out of the slums of Paris to capture worldwide attention. Cotillar
MARION Cotillard has thoroughly deserved the praise - and the Oscar award - that has come her way for her portrayal of Edith Piaf.
She is more than convincing as the French singer who came out of the slums of Paris to capture worldwide attention.
Cotillard perfects not just the voice of the Little Sparrow - the name given to Piaf - but also gives depth to a character which, at times, went through moments of torment.
Piaf's desire was to perform on stage: to give the audience her voice.
You may also want to watch:
But in the shadows of her life were passionate relationships and the almost inevitable tragic consequences of her success.
It is all captured brilliantly by Cotillard in a way that makes us believe that she is, indeed, Piaf.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start