Comic Ken Cheng will be at Cambridge Junction on Wednesday, January 30
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge mathematics dropout and professional poker player Ken Cheng reaches Cambridge Junction on Wednesday, January 30 as part of his embarks UK tour following a sold-out, award nominated run at the Edinburgh Festival.
After a sold-out, award-nominated run at the Edinburgh Festival, former Cambridge maths student and professional poker player Ken Cheng reaches Cambridge Junction on Wednesday, January 30 as part of his UK tour.
Born to Chinese immigrants in the UK, Ken says he never had the most normal upbringing. His show Best Dad Ever, is a tale of his childhood, exploring his obsession with toy lambs and his complicated relationship with his parents.
Having appeared on Radio 4’s The Now Show, Comedy Central at the Comedy Store, Celebrity Eggheads and BBC Three’s Top Tens. Ken is now the writer and star of his own BBC Radio 4 series, Chinese Comedian. In 2019, he will co-host E4’s brand new gameshow The Hangover Games.
Cheng studied mathematics at St John’s College. He wrote and performed for the Cambridge Footlights, Cheng directed The Footlights International Tour Show 2015: Love Handles, which toured the UK, Paris and North America.
You may also want to watch:
8pm. Tickets, £15 from 01223 511511 or junction.co.uk.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 7 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms