Join With Us - The Feeling
APPARENTLY Dan Gillespie-Sells, lead singer of The Feeling, believes that you have to be entirely fearless when making music. It is a bit of a surprise, then, that his band have taken what is a safety-first approach on their new album, Join With Us. The
APPARENTLY Dan Gillespie-Sells, lead singer of The Feeling, believes that you have to be "entirely fearless" when making music.
It is a bit of a surprise, then, that his band have taken what is a safety-first approach on their new album, Join With Us.
The lavish production that characterised highly successful debut, 12 Stops to Home, is present once more, and The Feeling have added an extra dash of the 1980s thanks to their increased use of synthesizer.
Unfortunately the inane lyrics of 12 Stops... also remain. Gillespie-Sells tackles some big issues (the fall of the Berlin wall and high-school shootings), but somewhat ironically does so with little feeling.Of course The Feeling are not meant to be cool or groundbreaking, and will no doubt remain a guilty pleasure for many. But you get the impression that so little thought has gone into this record that 13 Stops From Home would have been a more appropriate title. 2/5
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims